There are many factors that make diamonds expensive, but we will discuss three of the most important ones here. These factors are the Carat weight, Gem quality, and Marketing. Read on to discover the truth about diamond prices. You might be surprised by what you discover! Let us look at each of these factors to give you a better idea of why diamonds are so expensive! Let’s start with Marketing. The more marketing that diamonds receive, the more expensive they are likely to be.

Gem quality diamonds

A top-quality diamond is one of the most expensive gemstones in the world. There are many reasons for this, including rarity and demand. Some gems are rare, and others are expensive due to their rarity. In fact, some gems are so rare that their prices are quite prohibitive. Despite the cost, however, gem quality diamonds are still well worth it. If you’re interested in purchasing a gem quality diamond, read on to learn some of the most common reasons for its high price.

Diamonds are plentiful, but gem quality diamonds are rare. About 30% of all diamonds are not gem quality. The other 70% are industrial grade and are used for industrial purposes. The price of gem quality diamonds is determined by the supply and demand of these diamonds, and they are much rarer. Nevertheless, gem quality diamonds are still more expensive than their lower-grade cousins, which you can buy in your local jewelry store.

  Why Are My Ankles Swollen?

Rareness

A natural diamond is formed when carbon crystallizes under extreme pressure and temperatures. The resulting structure is symmetrical, a perfect sphere with four carbon atoms bound together. The first’miracle moment’ in a diamond’s formation involves intense heat and pressure. Carbon can only form these short bonds under these conditions, which give diamonds their unique properties. This is the reason why they are so valuable.

Only about twenty percent of the diamonds mined are considered gemstone quality. This means that a significant percentage have visible flaws or discolorations. In contrast, an ideal diamond is rarer than a perfect diamond. Regardless of its rarity, an ideal diamond is the ultimate symbol of love, loyalty, and faithfulness. However, this isn’t necessarily the case. For most people, holding a real diamond is free, and most people can’t tell the difference between it and a cubic zirconia.

Carat weight

The size and quality of a diamond is far more important than the carat weight. Many consumers want large carat weights, but just because a diamond has a higher carat weight does not mean it is better in quality. “Total Weight” is another term used to describe a diamond’s size and weight. But it is misleading. Although it indicates the total weight, “total weight” is only important when it is referred to in loose form.

  Why Are Insects Attracted to Light?

Unlike gold, the price of a diamond is not directly proportional to its carat weight. It rises exponentially. A one-carat stone is worth about $7500 while a two-carat stone costs $15,000, making it far more valuable than a single one-carat stone. To put the cost of a diamond into perspective, a two-carat stone is worth much more than two one-carat stones combined. Moreover, diamonds are difficult to cut, shape, or melt, so their price is a function of supply and demand.

Marketing

There are many reasons why diamonds are so expensive, but they all have to do with the fact that they are rare and in limited supply. According to Edward Jay Epstein, an industry expert, diamonds were once only found in India and Brazil, but they were discovered in Africa and other parts of the world as well. De Beers, a cartel of mining companies, was scared that a new supply would make diamonds cheaper, so it began releasing diamonds in smaller batches to keep up with demand.

The marketing campaign of the DeBeers mining company became the most famous reason why diamonds are so expensive. It was the work of a female copywriter who coined the phrase, “A Diamond Is Forever.” DeBeers pushed bigger diamonds as symbols of love and marriage intent, and the price of an average engagement ring skyrocketed. Even the most modest diamonds cost tens of thousands of dollars.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.